Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Lucky Dip - True Believers Fan Club


What does it cost? $1.50+ plus shipping

What's it all about?
All of these pins are unique, made from a variety of children's books, encyclopedias, atlases, paperback novels, science textbooks, comic books, newsprint, and other sources. no two pins are truly alike. Birds, cats, constellations, celebrities, flowers, geography, oh my!
Feel free to make requests for specific styles or themes, though understand that because they're all one-of-a-kind the ones pictured may no longer be available.


Being bookish to the bone I was delighted to find a shop that gives new life to old books by making buttons from their colorful pages. Not only is it a fantastic idea in itself, but it also appeals to my penchant for all things vintage and retro. The variety of designs is endless, but I decided to make a request for a bookish & whimsical theme and I couldn't have wished for a better selection (and certainly won't complain about receiving two extras either). Simply perfect for sprucing up canvas bags and being used as sweet little gifts for friends, I dare say this hasn't been my last stop here.
Verdict? A pin-tastic bookish button-palooza!

Personal Favorite? "The End" Button

How do you like the idea of upcycling old things such as books? Would you have picked a similar theme yourself or rather picked a different one (eg science, superheroes, animals, etc)?

2 comments:

  1. perhaps i would have picked animal but from your bunch of them i LOVE the owl.
    i'm not against teh idea or making something based on unreadble books but still a part of me feel sad to imagine damaged books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love the owl! :-) And I agree, I couldn't bring myself to use old books for upcyling projects either. Maybe if they are really badly damaged and I'd be able to give parts of it new life, but I'm not going to attempt such a thing any time soon.

      Delete