Thursday, March 12, 2015

Adventures in Postcrossing #6

The goal of Postcrossing is to connect the world via real mail, by allowing you to exchange postcards with other random members around the world.

The big news on this month's card-writing horizon must be the new postal rates. They got cheaper. Just kidding. I mean, does anything get cheaper these days? The good news (meaning: thankfully it didn't get even more expensive, because it is pricey enough already), is that it still costs € 1,70 to send a card overseas while the price for cards sent inside Europe has risen by 10 cents to € 0,80 which isn't all too bad, especially when you consider the overseas rate. Seeing how I managed to use up all my old stamps this translated in a wee little stamp-shopping-splurge last week. Needless to say, the Austrian Post ended up slightly overwhelmed by orders courtesy of the new rates and, as of now, I'm still waiting for the delivery of the 10-cent stamps. One could almost get the impression they didn't expect anyone needing those thus not producing near enough. First day of March and people started complaining about it on Social Media already. And yours truly can't help but mention it either.

Special issue stamps
But lets focus on some pretty pictures now. Above you can see the special issue stamps I chose. And I also checked out the new definite stamp series that got issued this month. I must say, I like this one a a little bit better than the previous one which had a look that was just too modern for my taste. This combination of black and white photos, showing various famous sites with a colorful map in the background, doesn't exactly thrill my pants of, but it's progress compared to the ones that came before.

New definite stamp series 2015

While I did receive several cards through Postcrossing this month I haven't had time to take a picture, so it will be a major haul next month. See you then!

How do you like the all new definite stamp series shown above? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. they are well done not that spectacular but better that what got released before ( like here a simple 1 in red-_-) i do prefer older stamps and i'm glad that in my country we can still use them.

    do you have an obligation to use those in euro or older can still eb used too for you? ( perhaps i have some i can give you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed at the beautiful and/or cool stamps some countries have (eg Russia or Finland) so our selection is a bit of a letdown.

      By older stamps you mean "before Euro"? I don't think we are allowed to use those anymore.

      Delete