Saturday, November 15, 2014

Adventures in Postcrossing #2

The goal of Postcrossing is to connect the world via real mail, by allowing you to exchange postcards with other random members around the world.

Let it be said that getting back to Postcrossing has been one of the best decisions I recently made. Why? Happy mailbox equals a happy me! I stocked up on postcards and stamps. I bookmarked pages with quotes on writing letters and sending mail. I even established a pattern, or maybe you could call it a schedule, because there's no harm in a bit of a routine. Sunday is now my dedicated Postcrossing day when I will request new addresses in the afternoon, sip some hot tea while thinking about brilliant things to write on the cards, and sending them on their merry way on Monday morning. Depending on how many of my previously sent postcards got registered during the week I usually send out between three and five new cards each week. On the receiving end it has been a bit more quiet than last month, then again some countries still use donkeys to transport mail, so it might take a bit longer for them to arrive or, as a wonderful alternative, they are being shipped in from far off exotic lands like, say, Christmas Island. 

And it's time to take a look at the postcards that sat in my mailbox this past month. They rolled in from Belarus, Germany, India, Russia, Spain, and the USA. So, obviously, the first place in the category "far-off and exotic lands" goes to India and extra bonus points for *let me take a deep breath* the motive showing Mount Everest. I mean, how cool is that? Though my personal favorite is, without a doubt, the vintage Disney World card. *sigh*


Have you heard about Postcrossing before? Or maybe you already are a happy Postcrosser? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. never heard about this before, but it sounds like great fun!
    have a nice sunday evening, writing and reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun AND my mailbox is a lot happier now that there are beautiful cards from all over the world between all the junk mail. :-)

      Delete
    2. ^^ and i'm still waiting an answer to my email about that's topic ^^;;

      Delete
    3. I know I knooow ... I'll let you now by the end of the week! ;-)

      Delete