Saturday, October 18, 2014

Adventures in Postcrossing #1

The goal of Postcrossing is to connect the world via real mail, by allowing you to exchange postcards with other random members around the world.

Once upon a time aka four years ago I first signed up on Postcrossing and after taking a bit of a rather long break I've decided to finally reactivate my account. Now that I've decided to join the card-sending fun again, I figured why take baby steps when I can just the same go all the way aka I sent out the maximum of cards I'm currently able to send. Let me explain: When you first sign up you can have up to 5 postcards traveling at any single time. That number goes up the more cards you send. I am already up to 9 postcards as I already sent more than 35 cards. Once I've sent a total of 50 postcards I will be allowed to have up to 10 travelling at the same time.

For more information check out the Guidelines and the FAQ.
Last but not least, some general stats can be found here.

And so it begins. I kicked off the fun with 9 postcards (see explanation above) and seeing how mail service for once didn't leave something to be desired aka several cards already made it to their destination, I have in the meantime been able to request some more addresses. So where are the cards from my first post-break batch traveling to? Belarus, Belgium, Czech Republic, China, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, and USA. All in all I've sent out a total of 19 cards so far while at the same time receiving 13 cards myself. Where from? Czech Republic, France, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, and United Kingdom. And just look at this fabulous mix of postcards! *sigh*


Were you familiar with Postcrossing? Maybe you are a member yourself or you're now playing with the idea of signing up? Let me know!

*rubs hands in anticipation of receiving lots of postcards from far away places*

3 comments:

  1. ^^ i really see why this could appeal to a lot of people after all nothing is better than a real letter or postcard ( i received my first for halloween, didn't even knew that existed ) and it's so cute!!!!
    i love to send a few when i can and last time for christmas i was nearly at 20... did i receive as many oh no far from it perhaps 5 but still i loved it and it's interesting to see how the subject different depending on the country

    i hope you receive all your postcards dears^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real mail always brings a smile, doesn't it? The only downside (if you want to call it that way) is how it takes me so long to write each card, because I have a terrible scrawl and need to write "pretty" so people can actually read it. ;-)

      Delete
    2. for me it just make it even more precious^^

      Delete