Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Project 365 - The End

Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.
Marc Riboud

Imagine a scrunched up towel lying in a corner. Now some might wonder whether this was the plan for today and my camera unexpectedly died. Obviously this is a valid thought, but not really it. You see, I did not actually scrunch up a towel and toss it in a corner to take a picture of it just to find my camera uncooperative. The truth is, and you probably already know where this is going, I've seriously run out of steam and grown tired of the daily photo hunt. The idea of having to snap another 99 pictures is, in one word, daunting. The past few weeks have been a particular struggle for me, thus my decision to call it quits after roughly 3/4 of the year. Come to think of it, some might consider this a fail on my part, but the way I see it, I might not have completed the project, but I sure am proud and happy about how far I got and the often amazing (sometimes subpar) photos I posted here. That being said, I will definitely bring some photography feature back to the blog, but I can't tell when exactly and in all likelihood it will be on a weekly, not a daily basis then.

Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

3 comments:

  1. i imagine it must be quite a difficult task indeed but i enjoyed it greatly. thank you for having shared so much of your passion and insight with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support, miki! It was great to challenge myself but even more so to see how others also find pleasure in the pictures I posted. I especially loved hearing about your own thoughts on my photos and their meaning to you - that gave the whole creative process an additional spark!

      Delete
  2. I saw your inspiring 365 days project today for the first time. Your pictures are so full of colors and so full of life. Why don't you take a project-vacation of 30 days to get new inspiration and than finish your 365 days?

    Have an inspiring day, Margaret

    ReplyDelete