Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Lucky Dip - Ardent Photography

Where to go? Ardent Photography

What to buy? Art Photography - Instant Room decor Designer Five Pack

What does it cost? $10+ plus shipping

What's it all about? Great for any room décor, but great for dorm rooms, first apartments, that new guest room that looks a little bare. Photographs include landscapes, flower close ups, and my everyday objects style. [...] I went through all of the photographs that I put in these envelopes and made sure the colors coordinated and the subjects where complimentary. The photographs are random-ish. They will look lovely in a mosaic on your wall or separate in different rooms.
All photographs are printed on Fuji archival paper by a professional print house with a 1/4 inch border for matting and packaged in a cello envelope with a backer board.


Opening the envelope my eyes fell on an ashtray. Oh my. Non-smoker, you see. And not much of a beatnik, apparently. That didn't seem like a good omen until I realized that this was merely the motif of the freebie greeting card included. Luckily there were some fab photographs hot on its heels and I'm not just saying this, because of the abstract fire photo included in the lot. I wouldn't go so far as to say the subjects are complimentary, but I hadn't planned on grouping them on one wall anyway. All in all this is a mixed bag, but tastes differ and I love Sarah's artistic approach!

Personal Favorite? "Eye Art" Photograph

How do you like Sarah McTernen's photography? Which of the photos I received do you like best? Comment away.

2 comments: