Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Lucky Dip - Katie Allen

Where to go? Katie Allen

What to buy? Jumbo Lucky Dip Bag

What does it cost? $11 plus shipping

What's it all about? Each paper bag may contain *greetings card *screenprint *postcard *badge *sticker *zine ... designed by me. [...] The value of each jumbo goodie bag is at least $16, so you're getting a great saving. The JUMBO goodie bag is A5 in size and will come in a protective envelope and a handwritten gift tag! :)


Sometimes one needs to be a little daring and try out new things. Things such as grab bags filled with papery goodness. The listing already gives a pretty good idea of what you will receive and I was not disappointed with the variety I found in my lucky dip bag. Believe it or not, this is my first encounter with zines. Ever. To be perfectly honest, these wouldn't be anything I'd actually purchase by itself, but as part of the mix, with the added bonus of finding out what zines are actually about, they are totally ok. Definitely a fun surprise for me!

Personal Favorite? "You are my Sunshine" Greeting Card

How do you like the content of my lucky dip? Are you familiar to zines or a newbie just like me? Please share.

2 comments:

  1. complete newbie, not even sure what it means to be honest^^;; so i wouldn't mind an explanation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I didn't know much about what zines are either - here's what Wikipedia says about them: "A zine (an abbreviation of fanzine, or magazine) is most commonly a small circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images usually reproduced via photocopier."

      Delete