Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snap Happy - A photo a day ...

... keeps boredom away! That being said, I am currently contemplating doing this again in 2014. Again? Why, yes. I already posted daily photos on my Facebook page back in 2010. The fetching title of this venture was "My Life in Pictures". Back then I got snap happy with my trusty Kodak Easyshare and admittedly there wasn't much artistic merit to most of the photos I showed off, but it was definitely challenging and fun. So, I said to myself, "Self, why don't you do this again next year?" Nothing is set in stone (yet), but I think this would be something I'd love to do again, but instead of posting on Facebook I'd obviously present my daily snapshots on my blog.

Here's a taste of some of my 2010 pic's ...


How about yourself? Have you ever participated in a similar challenge? Or is this something you might want to try for the first time? Please share.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried the photo a day projects several times. The longest I've accomplished is doing it for a month, then I start to get lazy about it. Once I tried to do a whole year as well, but I let it die after a couple of months (I was using a website called Shuttercal, not sure if you heard about it, it includes a calendar for a daily pic and was pretty useful).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really takes a lot of dedication to keep on going a full year, but that's what a challenge is all about! The Shuttercal webiste was new to me, but I found another one which sounds interesting: http://365project.org/ though I'm not sure yet whether to sign up there or keep the project exclusively on my blog. We'll see! :-)

      Delete
  2. I am doing it this year and am trying to think of something else for 2014. Also a photo a day but maybe the same thing at the same time or something like that. But maybe just the generic kind. There are so many challenges etc. for that project that I hope to find something I like without having to come up with one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I've thought about assigning a theme to each month and take it from there, but knowing me I'm probably going to stick to random photos about whatever caught my camera's attention that day. And as I don't want to miss out on any opportunity I will give my Nikon some rest and let my trusty point-and-shoot camera do the job (much easier to carry around too).

      Delete