Sunday, November 10, 2013

Snap Happy - Getting my (photo)read on!

What's the first thing that comes to mind when I mention the words "mountain range"? In my case you will probably assume I'm talking about me and my camera somewhere in the Austrian alps snapping away, but I'm like the gorillas, Eastern Lowland gorillas to be exact, as I live in the rather flat parts in the east of Austria. Of course I'm a little less hairy. But let's not digress. The mountain ranges I'm referring to are made of books. I am quite the bookaholic and strangely enough I don't really own any books on photography. Shocker, I know. Alas I did a little research to see which books should have a place on my to-buy list. And here goes ...

A World History of Photography (Naomi Rosenblum)

A History of Women Photographers (Naomi Rosenblum)

On Photography (Susan Sontag)

The Mind's Eye: Writings on Photography and Photographers (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

Annie Leibovitz at Work (Annie Leibovitz)

Patrick Demarchelier (Patrick Demarchelier)

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs (Ansel Adams)

National Geographic: The Photographs (Leah Bendavid Val)


Do you know any of these books? Any recommendations of your own? Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment