Thursday, September 19, 2013

Getting Crafty - Oh the things I shall create!

There are people who focus on just one craft and then there are those who seem to do them all. Of course there's no reason to overdo it by trying to break some kind of crafting record, but I must admit that about a year ago I never would have dreamed about indulging in more than being a snap happy photographer. Next thing I knew, I was knitting the frosty winter days away. Now that temps are getting cooler I suddenly feel the urge to get crafty again, but not necessarily with my knitting needles. Long story short, there are a few crafts I'd really like to try myself on in the months to come ...

Source
1. Crocheting
One step up (or down, depending on who you're asking) from knitting I've been toying with the idea of playing around with one instead of two needles. Of course, technically speaking, it's less a needle than a hook. I already have a neat little yarn stash so all I need to add are some crochet hooks and then browse around the interwebs for some easy (as in a-toddler-could-do-it) patterns to end up with even more scarfs. Well, these won't be the knitted variety at least!

Source
2. Making a Door Wreath
As happened with the knitting, my friend Amy rubbed off on me again. Not as though I'm complaining. I can see it clearly in front of me (or rather on the front door) - a small wreath wrapped with colorful yarn and adorned with cute shabby chic fabric flowers (still sitting in my Etsy basket to be bought soonish). And while I'm at it, why not make a Christmas-themed wreath too? Sounds like a plan to me!

Source
3. Zentangle
When I first heard about it I thought what a fancy name for what's basically random doodling on a square piece of paper. Of course there is a little bit more to it after all and certainly enough to make me want to whip out a sketch book and get going. Plus, even if I fail with my other plans above (especially the crocheting might prove a bit of a challenge) this will perk my mood up again. After all, how hard can it be to doodle?

What crafty endeavors have you planned this fall/winter season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment