Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Etsy Venture - What's been happening lately?

So, the last time I gave a status update about my wee little shop was when I hit the three-months mark. That was about a month ago and oh how many exciting things have happened since ...

On the day of the aforementioned post I made my first sale to a dear friend of mine and I made my second sale which is also the first not-a-friend-but-a-complete-stranger-hit-the-purchase-button-sale this Monday.

Source
Rikki from Digital Scrapbooking - Tips und Anleitungen used one of my photos for an awesome design which she featured on her blog - go here to check it out!

Slowly but steadily my photos have started to be included in treasuries and the recently curated Medieval Age treasury resulted in this lovely image getting a whole lotta love aka hearts from admirers.

Oh and apropos treasuries - I recently discovered Treasury Pin which is an amazing tool to pin a treasury to your Pinterest boards. Feel free to have a look at this board which shows off treasuries I've been featured in.

The buttons I had on various blogs in the past two months were a bit of a bust. I did get views in my shop, but I could count them on one hand. Good thing I've won the ad space and didn't pay for it!

I'm a tiny bit addicted to Etsy forum threads where you post your favorite item from the shop owner that last commented. Not only are these a fun way to find new shops, it also resulted in lots of traffic to my shop and, again, a whole lot of new admirers of my photos.

That's all for now, folks! And of course I'll keep you posted about all the news in my shop in the future.

6 comments:

  1. i'm really happy for you you must have felt estatic when you finally got your first sale ( and one to a unknow person even better)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, this really made my day!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first REAL sale. That is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am still so excited about this! Now bring on the third sale, because I need to know when this stops being thrilling (never, I bet, haha).

      Delete
  3. The first sale was great, but the first sale to a stranger- that was a nice feeling. It told me it wasn't just my friends who were looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this made me giddy with joy and I had this silly grin on my face all day long! Not as though I didn't appreciate you purchasing from me, but the sale-to-a-stranger had that extra cherry on top!

      Delete