Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Frugal Life - Getting started!

Now what could frugality possibly have to do with the crafty life? For starters, how about these cornerstones of the frugal life? Repurpose, Reuse, Recycle, and all kinds of other stuff that starts with "Re" but which have slipped my mind right now. Getting crafty and being frugal are just two sides of the medal ... ok, that doesn't make any sense now seeing how a medal only has two sides in the first place, but hear me out - a medal also has a narrow side or what ever you want to call that circle that divides and connects the front and back. That is where the third and most crucial part of the equation comes in - putting an end to acquiring new things just for the sake of shopping. 

Sure, we all like to shop, at least I do, but how often do we snap up things simply because they are a bargain while at the same time having no real use for them, not to mention our closets are already full of similar things we haven't even used yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that anyone should henceforth stop buying new things. What I'm getting at here is that we need to learn appreciating what we already have (and consequently use it instead of filling up the already stuffed shelves) and experience the joy when we do treat ourselves to a little shopping splurge.

Now, if I those first two paragraphs haven't scared you away already, I hope you'll stick around for this new feature which is about sharing my own little journey from being quite a shopaholic to switching to the frugal life over two years ago. My life still contains the occasional shopping spree and I'm certainly not running around in tatters, plus (and who doesn't like the sound of that) I've been saving heaps of money through this new lifestyle (which I'd rather invest in traveling instead of some designer frock), so if that sounds good to you I welcome you to a whole lot of rambling about frugal living from this thrifty gal!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to hear more about this. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me curious so yes i will stick around don't worry

    ReplyDelete