Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Etsy Venture - Guess who's on RedBubble (again)?

Before I opened my Etsy shop I have already been selling my photos through RedBubble. To be honest with you, I didn't think I'd go back there as I feel strongly about selling digital image files instead of actual prints. After all, you get so much more for your money that way. Pay once and print as much as you want. So far I seem to be the only way to see the advantages of this, but all hope is not lost yet.

It's all a learning experience and a little while ago I thought why not offer all my images on RedBubble too? Been selling there before, not an awful lot, but it certainly encouraged me to keep on being snap happy. Before moving to Etsy I cleared out my previous RedBubble portfolio as I haven't been too happy with the quality of many of my photos, so basically I left a barren wasteland behind. Yet wouldn't it be a shame to let my account go to waste? I think so too.

Now I have stocked up on all that you can see in my Etsy shop on RedBubble too. Shocked about the prices there? I hear ya! Thing is, I don't even earn much money through sales there, but have you noticed something in the description of all items? Yep, I linked back to Etsy! The plan? Get people interested in my art and luring them in to purchase digital downloads to print at home or through online printing services of their choice. So far? More views than on Etsy, so I think I'm on the right path with this idea. And of course, I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. it's really a good idea i think and the pictures about flowers are so cute!!! i wish you a lot of success

    ReplyDelete