Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Getting Crafty - Lamps & Candles

As much as I am in love with anything handmade and crafty, I admittedly haven't tried myself on some of the awesome ideas I've stumbled over in the past. It's probably a wise idea to start small and work myself up to the really big projects or, even better still, to get started at all ...

Source
A book lamp has been one of the first things aka projects I've had an eye on even before realizing I wanted to make one myself. Perfect for a bookaholic like yours truly!
For instructions on how to create a beauty like this one, just head over to the HGTV site!

Then, of course, I am a huge fan of scented candles, Yankee Candles in particular, and somehow those empty jars keep on adding up over time. What to do, what to do?
You can find a plethora of great ideas on how to repurpose them (or other jars, for that matter) on this Pinterest board and on this one too!

Source




My personal favorite? Get some yarn out, make yourself a vase, and fill it will all that blooms! To find out more about this lovely idea, check out the Mod Podge Rocks blog!

What crafty projects have been on your mind lately?

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you getting crafty - at least theoretically, :)

    ReplyDelete