Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yarn Tales - I've got a quote for that!

Not only have I rediscovered my passion for knitting last year, I have always been fond of quotes too. Granted, usually I gravitate towards the bookish kind, but that didn't stop me from searching for some fine lines that include needles and yarn ...

Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored. I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad.
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

If the knitter is weary the baby will have no new bonnet.
Irish Proverb

These days, knitting and crocheting clothing, accessories and home decor items is as much a sanity saver or a social outlet as they are a creative effort.
Kate Walsh

Some women like to sit down with trouble as if it were knitting.
Ellen Glasgow

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either.
Elizabeth Zimmerman

And last but not least ...

No longer shall I paint interiors with men reading and women knitting. I will paint living people who breathe and feel and suffer and love.
Edvard Munch *

* If you ask me, some knitting patterns do inspire The-Scream-worthy moments, but maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment