Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Lucky Dip - The Odd Bird

I found the idea of Domino Jewelry so unique that I had to treat myself to a little surprise. There were in fact two different kinds of grab bags on offer, one solely with domino pieces, the other with a mix of other kinds of jewelry. I went for the latter ...

Where to go? The Odd Bird

What to buy? Mystery Jewelry Mix

What does it cost? $15 plus shipping

What's it all about? The listing claims that each order will consist of 8 pieces. It could be anything (rings, pendants, earrings, brooches, etc) from last season, overstock, returns (due to stores closing) or have just been hanging around the studio for way too long. The selection will be jewelry made from all types of metals, plastic, cellulose, wood etc plus of course the classic dominoes. You will be guaranteed at least 2 dominoes in this mix!

Content? This proved to be such a fun surprise to unpack! I received eight items, three of which were from the classic dominoes collection, and the rest turned out to be a pretty wild mix of jewelry pieces and accessories.


Domino Pendant "Gryphon" / Domino Brooch "Shaker" / Domino Earrings "Dove" / BRAT Scrabble Bracelet / Bird Hairpins / Pin-Up Girl Brooch / Pennant Necklace / Golden Rabbit Earrings

Most favorite item? That's a tie between the cute brooch with the salt shaker and the pin-up girl brooch. And the BRAT bracelet gets an honorary mention!

Least favorite item? Everything that features birds. Apparently I am not a bird person.

Value? This is a real steal!

Verdict? I'm really pleased with the content of my grab bag! Some pieces are keepers while others will make fantastic stocking stuffers!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, that BRAT bracelet would be my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I thought of you when I unpacked my grab bag and found this bracelet inside. Must be all the teasing from Ann calling you a brat all the time. *wink*

      Delete