Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Etsy Venture - Are we there yet?

Not quite.

I mean, are you aware of how much planning goes into opening a shop on Etsy?

Well, maybe you do know, especially if you've opened one yourself. Suffice to say, if you want to set up your shop nicely, you need to pay attention to a great many things, starting from creating the shop header (done, at least for now, unless I change my mind again, because to be honest, I have just uploaded the third version, as I deemed the first two not good enough), drafting the shop policies (still adding bits and pieces here and there too), deciding on the first items to be offered (and my oh my, am I being ever the perfectionist with my internal quality control literally going crazy), to name but a few.

Folks, trust me, it's way easier to go on a shopping spree on Etsy than opening up your own tent to sell your goods. Just sayin'!

On a more positive note I have already created this blog *tadaaa* and parked half a dozen widgets in the side bar that enable those interested to follow me to do just that. Which reminds me that I still need to create a Facebook page. Why isn't that on my list? And where is my list anyway!?

Ah, chaos. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Or something like that.

So, while I do not know how you happened upon this blog post, let me extend a warm welcome to you. I guess many will just be passing through, but some might stay, and I promise to make your visit fun and inspiring!

If you love photography, anything handmade and are generally a crafty person, I'm sure you'll feel right at home in The Picture Garden. So sit back, relax and enjoy my adventures in taking pictures, going on Etsy splurges and knitting a scarf or two!

2 comments:

  1. It seemed so easy- opening a shop on the internet. It wasn't. :) But at least you only have to open it once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, all the things you need to prepare takes quite some time. I initially thought I'd open a lot faster with a lot more listings, but in the end I figured I can open now and put up more listings in the weeks to come.

      Delete